Thursday, March 3, 2011

Chris Horner's Jersey

Unfortunately, some viewers of this blog don't know who Chris Horner is.  Chris is currently a member of Team Radio Shack and previously was on Lance's team when he was with Astana as well.  Chris is originally from Bend, OR.  As you may recall, one of the rides on our list for the year is the Tour des Chutes in Bend OR.  Gary, the organizer of the ride and fellow cancer survivor, posted in the last week of February that the first person to register for the ride would win a Chris Horner autographed TRS jersey.

Registration opened on March 1 so I put a calendar reminder on my phone for the 28th and then set my alarm for the morning.  With registration opening at 9 EST on March 1, that meant that I had to be ready to go by 6.  Up at 540 I got the computer and my credit card and just kept hitting refresh on 2 different sessions of Chrome. Promptly at 6:00 I was able to get in, I sprinted through registration, and then it was the waiting game.

I received an email yesterday from Gary letting me know that I was the winner and he was interested to hear that I too was a survivor.  I asked if he could ask Chris if I could get one of his Madone's instead of the jersey, but I'm guessing it will be the jersey in the mail.  Not sure if he will be around based on the summer season schedule, but it would be pretty neat to meet Horner at the ride.  He likely wont be there since his sponsored ride is a few weeks later in Bend, but we wont be heading for that.

I'll post a picture of the jersey when it comes in.  Thanks again Gary and Tour des Chutes.

LIVESTRONG!

No comments:

Post a Comment