Friday, January 7, 2011

Donations

I've been very proud and even a little amazed at some of the great donations that have already come in on our journey to $12,000.  Just after Christmas, I sent out my first email blast.  Although it didn't yield the quantity that I was hoping for, the quality (read: generosity) of those that I did receive were amazing.  As I write this, we are sitting at $725.  Aside from begging friends and family on email, twitter, and facebook, I've been designing things to help get some big funds raised - I hope!


I've submitted a letter to a past employer to see if the would provide a business donation and/or sponsor a ride for me, however, have yet to hear back.  It was a long-shot and not sure if I should expect to hear anything in return.  I've contacted Golds Gym to of Redmond/Issaquah/Bothell to see if we could set up a bike-a-thon or 24-hour ride fundraiser.  I haven't heard back yet and will be checking back with the manager next week.  Though Microsoft Gift Matching doesn't apply to vendors, I did submit a letter to them to see if there was anything else we could do - set up donation jars at locations on campus, if they could support me with a donation, etc.  Hopefully, whether positive or negative, I'll hear something back on Monday.

Other ideas that I'm going to pursue are with Albertsons, TOP Foods, local restaurants, and maybe Performance Bike (though I dont think that would happen because Brent said that stuff comes from corporate down).

I'm really hopeful that I can get some businesses to allow me to put out donation containers or do a LIVESTRONG night at a restaurant for a certain percent of profits.  Or, the easiest, is always a overall sponsorship.  It would be the best, and I think it is really what we will need to really get us climbing the ladder with the added zeros on the fundraising.

Just gotta keep on keepin' on!

LIVESTRONG

No comments:

Post a Comment