Thursday, January 27, 2011

My Wife is Amazing

It sure wasn't fun, but our 5 month old daughter got a horrible flu - in fact we spent the night in urgent care getting her some fluids via IV.  People at work thought I was crazy yesterday when I still biked into work, but as I told them, it was the only thing that kept me awake - nothing like a nice early morning breeze of fresh air.  It sustained me for a few hours, but by 3 I was cross-eyed and ready to sleep on my keyboard.  The ride home woke me up to get some chores done around the house and we were in bed by 8.  Knowing that she was taking off from work today (can't send a sick little girl to daycare), she let me sleep through the night.

On top of that, I didn't have any meetings this morning, the weather in the Puget Sound has been amazing, and I was planning to get a good ride in.  My bride insisted that I still take the morning off and go for a ride since I wanted to so badly.  I really should have brought my shoe covers because the nice thing about my shoes (LG Ergo Airs) is that they have great ventilation for the summer.  My toes were a bit chilly, and I didn't do the 50-60 miles I was originally planning since I wanted to get into work by 11-11:30.  When I got out to Carnation it was already 10 so I knew I should probably cut the ride short to get into work at a good time.

I was at the intersection of the Tolt River Road and West Snoqualmie River Road (heads to Preston - route to get to Issaquah) and decided it would be best to head back in to Redmond.  The climb is just over 1 mile at an average of 7.5% gradient.  I would be lying if I didn't say that I pulled over and didn't climb it all at once.  But for being my first "non-commuting ride" (typically 10-20 miles) this year, I'd say that a ride of 40 miles of rolling hills with the one climb was pretty good.  I was satisfied.

More to come on the ride dedication...

Sorry for being so absent lately.

LIVESTRONG

No comments:

Post a Comment