Sunday, December 12, 2010

My Commitment to You

It has been a challenge to get out on the rollers as the weather has turned rainy.  I'm still trying to commute to work when I can, but also it really depends on my meeting schedule since it requires me to leave a little later and try and get home earlier (even with lights, you really gotta watch out for drivers).  Also, now that I'm a dad, it is definitely a bigger adjustment to find "me" time (read: biking time).  You really need to be intentional about things - and I'm not a morning person.  So instead my day typically is something like this:  get up and get Gabriella and Sarah out the door, go to work, head home and take Nikki for a walk, get dinner cooked, bathtime, bedtime, and then we have some time to decompress.  By that time, it is more appealing to spend some time with my wife instead of riding to nowhere in the garage.   Nevertheless, I know I need to be riding (it keeps me sane - and some pound off), and I know I'm going to need to stick to training for all the riding I'm committing to.

Therefore, as I was on the rollers yesterday afternoon, I decided what I'm going to do to stay motivated and make sure that not one donation is ignored.  I WILL MEET MY FUNDRAISING GOAL, but I also need your help!!  For every 5 dollars that is donated I will ride 1 mile in honor of whoever you know with cancer or in memory of someone you lost.  For every 20 dollars that is donated by a business sponsorship I'll ride for 1 mile.  I will use this blog to document these rides since throughout the winter many of them will be on the rollers.  Look for some videos coming in the future.

Yesterday I rode for my friends Deb and Ben, and the intentions that they have.

Ride hard and LIVESTRONG!

No comments:

Post a Comment