Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Wheels are Turning

Fundraising wheels that is.  I really wanted to track my mileage this year, but I completely forgot about it and don't know if I want to reset it now since I wouldnt be capturing all of them....

...

I had to step away so I now have to catch up with this blog I started yesterday.  I reset my odometer today on my summer bike (still wont capture my rainy day rides, but decided it's worth the journey).

But what about these fundraising wheels.  Sarah's and my creative wheels have been a-spinning for various fundraising options.  Now we need to get some content around them instead of just being the skeleton ideas.  Some will definitely take more work than others.


  • Event at Januik Winery - Woodinville (will likely pair with Mike and Patrick)
  • Bike-a-thon - Sarah went to Anytime Fitness and they were willing to talk about opportunities to help
  • Garage Sale - if you have any items you want to get rid of this spring/summer we are willing to take it
  • Bombarding emails
  • Reaching out to Black Raven Brewery for some sponsorship
Other ideas we've heard of, could be interesting but would need connections
  • Halo or some type of Xbox or Kinect tournament
  • Poker tournament
  • Free-throw competition at a grade school - "Take a shot at cancer"
  • Any opportunity at a bar - "Take a shot at cancer" - different type of shot
  • Pool tournament - Wedgewood Alehouse?!?!?! 
I'm sure there are tons of others - if you know any connections or could help out, please let us know.

No comments:

Post a Comment